Shortly after installing Visual Studio 2010 I started getting a DLL Load Error message informing me that replsync.dll “Cannot not load resource dll: REPLRES.RLL”. The error message seems to pop up whenever I loose or regain my internet connection. The usual Google search didn’t really turn up any thing. I reinstalled Visual Studio, but the error message came back as soon as I restarted.
The replsync.dll file seems to be associated with SQL Server. In my case it’s located in “C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL Server100COM”. My solution was to rename “replsync.dll” to “replsync.bak.dll”. Perhaps heavy-handed but the message is gone and I can work in peace once again. It’s been two days and I haven’t noticed any ill effects.